If you use this website you accept the conditions that are set out below and that apply in relation to its use. Please read them carefully.
1. BLA grants you a limited licence
1. 1.1 We grant you a limited licence in relation to the content of the website. This includes the text, registration facilities, hyperlinks, and the underlying HTML or XML. You may display it on your computer, print it, down load it, and use it for any of the following purposes:
- 1.1.1 Personal use (including for research purposes); and
- 1.1.2 Online shopping.
2. You must not alter etc in any way
You are not allowed to do anything which alters the website, or interferes with or affects its working. This includes removing anything from it, adding anything to it, linking it to or from another website, and distributing any part of it to anyone else.
3. Copyright notice
If you take a copy of anything on the website, you must attach to it a copyright notice and a copy of these conditions of use of our website.
4. Links to website
You must first obtain our written consent if you wish to create a link to or from our website, or any part of our website.
5. You may post material to our website
You are entitled to post material to our website, provided that you have obtained our written consent. However, the material must not be obscene, threatening, defamatory or inappropriate; and your posting it, and our publishing of it, must not infringe the rights of a third party, including intellectual property rights. We are not responsible in any way for any liability, loss, damage or expense you incur or suffer that arises from material being obscene, threatening, defamatory or inappropriate, or infringing the rights of a third party, including intellectual property rights.
6. We are entitled to remove posted material
We are entitled to remove from the website without notice any material you have posted to it that, in our opinion, is obscene, threatening, defamatory, inappropriate or infringing the rights of a third party (including intellectual property rights).
7. You grant us a licence
9. Things we don’t promise
1.9.1 We do not promise you any of the following:
- 9.1.1 That you will have uninterrupted or error-free access to, and use of, the website.
- 9.1.2 That the website or any files available for downloading will be error-free or free from viruses, faults or defects.
- 9.1.3 That the content of the website (including the text, registration facilities, hyperlinks, and the underlying HTML or XML) is accurate, complete, or suitable for a particular purpose. You must rely on your own judgment in relation to any matter of that type.
10. No affiliation etc
We are not affiliated with any person whose goods or services are linked to or from the website or any linked site. We do not sponsor, endorse or approve of any of those goods or services.
11. Exclusion of liability
1. 11.1 To the maximum extent the law allows:
- 11.1.1 we exclude every warranty or condition of any kind that might otherwise apply in relation to the website, its content and its useability.
- 11.1.2 we are not liable, and each of our officers, employees and agents is not liable, for any liability, loss, damage or expense you incur or suffer that arises out of your use of (or reliance on) any of the content of the website or your inability to use it. This applies even if we have been informed that the liability, loss, damage or expense will or may result.
12. Limitation of liability for implied warranties we can’t exclude:
1. 12.1 In the case of an implied warranty that the law says we can’t exclude, our liability is limited, in cases where the law allows it, to any one or more of the following, at our option:
- 12.1.1 in the case of goods:
- (a) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods.
- (b) the repair of the goods.
- (c) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods.
- (d) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
- 12.1.2 in the case of services:
- (a) the resupply of the services.
- (b) the payment of the cost of having the services resupplied.
13. Alteration to content
We are entitled to alter any of the content at any time. However, we are not under any duty to do so.
We own the copyright in the website and all of its content. We reserve our rights in it. Apart from uses permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or by this licence, no part of any material may be reproduced or provided to the public, in any form and by any means, without our written permission.
15. Trade marks etc
We own our trade marks and devices and also licence trade marks and devices owned and/or used by some of our suppliers. No permission is given for their reproduction or publication, except to the extent allowed by this limited licence.
If a clause or part of a clause can be read in a way that makes it illegal, unenforceable or invalid, but can also be read in a way that makes it legal, enforceable and valid, it must be read in the latter way. If any clause or part of a clause is illegal, unenforceable or invalid, that clause or part is to be treated as removed from this document, but the rest of this document is not affected.
17. Variation of conditions of use of website
We reserve the right to vary these conditions from time to time. The latest conditions will always be made freely available to users at www.bla.com.au.
The fact that BLA fails to do, or delays in doing, something BLA is entitled to do under this document, does not amount to a waiver of any obligation of, or breach of obligation by, you. A waiver by BLA is only effective if it is in writing. A written waiver by BLA is only effective in relation to the particular obligation or breach in respect of which it is given. It is not to be taken as an implied waiver of any other obligation or breach; or as an implied waiver of that obligation or breach in relation to any other occasion.
19. Time of receipt of e-mails
An e-mail is to be treated as having been received at the time it entered the information system of the addressee in an openable and readable form. Receipt may be proved by an electronic or paper record of that event.
20. User Content Submitted to BLA
BLA invites the general public to join a membership area and from time to time provide content in the form of still photographs, video, stories and other types of user-generated content (“Content”) for publishing to our websites and other electronic media.
BLA’s editors and moderators at their discretion may edit or remove your Content. BLA cannot guarantee your Content will be published on the site. Only BLA’s Productions staff determine whether your Content will be published.
Any Content you submit to BLA is submitted on the basis that BLA may use all intellectual property rights in your Content throughout the world, in perpetuity, without restriction and without any payment to you, including publication of that material in hard copy publications or in electronic media, and using your Content in advertising and promotional material for BLA (whether or not BLA receives payment for this).
You also unconditionally waive all moral rights (as defined in the applicable Australian Copyright Act 1968 as amended from time to time) in your Content and consent to anything which BLA (or any person permitted to do so by BLA) may do in relation to your Content which would otherwise be in breach of your moral rights. This includes that BLA may use your Content without attributing you as the source of your Content.
You acknowledge that your Content is accurate and reflects actual people and events and you did not digitally alter images or footage in any way to create your Content or impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
You also warrant that any Content submitted to BLA is not defamatory of any third parties.
On providing your Content to BLA for publication in any media, you indemnify BLA and its officers, employees and agents against any damage or loss suffered by any of those indemnified arising, in whole or in part, as a result of the publication by BLA, or a person permitted by BLA, of your Content; or a breach by you of these terms and conditions.